Saturday, May 14, 2005

SQL SERVER POLL SERVER

The other day I got an angry email from our IT Department asking why I was constantly pinging their SQL Servers. Turns out I was unknowingly Polling all SQL Servers registered in the Enterprise Manager. How? Well, I inherited a computer from a co-worker that left the company. Her computer has SQL Server installed and by default, Enterprise Manager Polls any registered SQL Servers every 10 seconds to see what services are available and inquire about the state of the server. The funny thing is that I remember turning this feature off on her computer a long time ago. But now that I'm logging on to her computer using my own Windows User Id, the settings have reverted to default. Here's what the screen looks like, you can find it in Enterprise Manager under TOOLS / OPTIONS:

No comments: